Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Children Poll

I recently posted a poll asking "How many children could you raise in medical school?" I won't even provide all the stats because there was an overwhelming majority saying they could raise a grand total of ............0.

I asked this question because there is a number of students in my class that are currently raising children. While I am in the majority that doubts I could ever raise children in medical school, the group in our class that have kids are doing amazing. Two classmates have 3 kids under the age of 10!!!! Wow! And all of them are wonderful kids.

So for those thinking about raising a family in medical school - it is definitely possible. Just make sure you have a VERY supportive spouse.

1 comment:

MamaDoc said...

That's very encouraging to hear. When I start as an M1 this fall, my son will be 18 months old. I'm pretty nervous, and I know that I will be leaning on my spouse much more heavily than ever before.